5 Signs you need to bring your car in for repairs
The best way to make sure your car is working at its best is to bring it in to get checked by a professional mechanic. Sometimes, however, things can happen to even the most reliable cars and it is always advisable to get it checked out sooner rather than later.
At Change Auto & Diesel, our auto repair experts in Calgary are here to assist you. We understand that not everyone knows all of the intricacies of car maintenance and repair. Luckily, you don’t need to be an expert in order to make sure your car is getting the best service it can. With a little common sense and a few tips, you can tell when you should bring your car in to get it checked. Here are just five easy signs that your car is in need of repairs:
- Check engine light is on. This one should be obvious, but it needs to be said. Modern cars are complex, efficient machines and they’re built to last. What’s more, they’re now equipped with advanced computers and self-diagnostic systems. If a check engine light is on, it may not mean that your car is in serious trouble, but it means that something isn’t as it should be.
- Smoke is coming out of your engine or exhaust. If your engine starts producing smoke or more smoke than usual starts coming out of your exhaust, it probably means that something is burning that shouldn’t be and you should visit your auto repair specialists in Calgary.
- Any change in how your car accelerates. If your car changes how it accelerates, it’s a sign of trouble. Whether that means sluggish acceleration or sudden spurts of acceleration that you didn’t cause, it’s probably an indicator you should bring your car in for a check. If your car starts behaving in ways that you’re not in control of, it’s a genuine hazard and you should bring your vehicle in for a check-up.
- Anything leaking. There are five essential liquids in your car that it needs to run: engine oil, engine coolant, brake fluid, power steering fluid, and gasoline (there’s also windshield wiper fluid but that’s not strictly necessary). None of these should be leaking so if you regularly see puddles near your parked car, it’s a sign of trouble. (Though you should be aware that your air conditioning will probably produce a little water in the summer—that isn’t a problem.)
- Your brake light is on. Maintenance of your brakes is integral to the safety of your vehicle and more importantly yourself and your passengers. If you notice that your brake dashboard lights are blinking in either amber or red, or you hear a grinding or squealing sound while braking; it is time to bring in your vehicle to be looked at. Our technicians will assess the health of your brakes and ensure that we properly calibrate them so that you and your car can run smoothly.
If you notice any of the symptoms, don’t hesitate to bring your car in for auto repair services at Change Auto & Diesel in Calgary. Our auto repair experts can help you get the most out of your vehicle.